Learn, design and practice nature-inspired innovation alongside change-makers from many pathways and talents.
Bite-sized interactive presentations
- Interactive Webinar: Discover Biomimicry$1,000.00What do velcro, high-speed trains, and carpet tiles have in common? They are all designs inspired by nature and examples of a growing multi-disciplinary approach called biomimicry. In the classroom, biomimicry is a powerful approach to learning that combines inquiry, discovery, creativity, and appreciation for the natural world.
- Interactive Webinar: Biomimicry Packaging Innovation$0.00In 2020, RCD Packaging Innovation hosted a 10-month long virtual gathering of 80 experts including brand owners like Mars, PepsiCo, and Whole Foods and other stakeholders, focused on the topic of zero-waste food packaging. These NatuR&D webinars are the next opportunity to redesign packaging that’s good for the Earth.
Workshops for individuals & teams
4 – 16 hours
- Workshop: Kitchen Chemistry – Solving Climate Change in the Kitchen$250.00Nature uses mainly six elements on the periodic table but makes more chemicals than industry. Nature's materials are strong, elegant, lightweight, high performance and not only biodegradable but essential to the life cycles on the planet. Experiment with her materials and methods to craft your way to better art, packaging, decor, gardens and more...
- Workshop: Introduction to Biomimicry for Schools$500.00By request Get ready to bring biomimicry into your classroom with a bird's eye view on what it is and how you practice it. Discover companies with biomimetic products and features. Identify Nature's favourite materials. Look for deep design patterns. Get open source educational resources and sample activities.
- Workshop: Introduction to Biomimicry in Business$1,500.00By request NatuR&D invites the hearts and minds of leaders to learn from Nature together. Apply Nature's guiding principles to grow your leadership, develop your strategy, find savings and efficiencies and enhance your product or service.
- Workshop: Urban Vitality Inspired by Nature$1,200.00By request Come on an extended field trip (virtual for now) to explore Nature designs solutions with architect & biomimic Christine Lintott and Anne-Marie Daniel, Innovation Partner at NatuR&D. Explore human built and natural features can work together to create healthier and more resilient urban ecosystems. From your backyard to the industrial park, the opportunities are real and rewarding.
- Workshop: Exploring Deep Principles in Nature’s Life-Friendly Chemistry$2,795.00By request Nature is ALIVE with Chemistry and India is at the leading edge of the trend towards green chemistry. How can billions of years of R&D transform modern industries?
Facilitation of nature-inspired design jam
8 – 80 hours
- Research & Development: Solve Real World Design Challenges With Nature-Inspired InnovationNature has solutions for almost every problem. Unlock new possibilities and potential in redesigning your products and services by looking to Nature for design ideas. These solutions have been tested against time and the elements across scales, providing a head start to making designs that work better for the world.